Friday, December 19, 2008

Spiritual Sharing October 2008

Wed 20081001
* Philippians 4, 6-9
There is no need to worry; but if there is anything you need, pray for it, asking God for it with prayer and thanksgiving, and that peace of God which is so much greater than we can understand, will guard your hearts and your thoughts, in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, fill your minds with everything that is true, everything that is noble, everything that is good and pure, everything that we love and honor and everything that can be thought virtuous or worthy of praise. Keep doing all the things that you learnt from me and have been taught by me and have heard or seen that I do. Then the God of peace will be with you.

Fri 20081003
* Today, I spent a rather dreadful day. Feeling unvalued, unacknowledged. I don't know what it is. I cannot avoid feeling horrible and apparently I have no positive reason to complain. Today, I cannot stand myself. May your dearest presence invade me, so that I may forget about myself.

Mon 20081006
* Thank you, my dearest Lord, I'm feeling better. On Saturday I spent almost the whole day correcting the error I had in my paper. There have been very few times where I could correct a problem and make it work at the first time. I thank my dearest Lord, for that's what I needed to recover from such a bad day on Friday. You gave me what I needed. Thank you, my dearest Lord, thank you very much. You stopped my destructive thoughts.
* About the phone call by Pxxx on Sunday. May my dearest Lord give me a well trained tongue that I may know how to say the right word to the right person in order to bring the presence of my Lord. I'm very sorry for Pxxx. My prayer for Jxxx Lxxx too. I think he very much needs to get in contact with You.
* On Sunday I spent the whole day with my brother taking a refrigerator to Humanes. It did not fit in the place and we had to reorganize some of the furniture to make it fit. What was supposed to take a few hours, took us the whole day. I didn't mind because I had solved the problem that was worrying me on Saturday.
* I could not arrive on time to say goodbye to Exxx. He is returning back to Venezuela today. We had an appointment at 8pm on Sunday. I had no way to contact him (he lost his phone). I arrived in Madrid with my brother by 9.30pm. He also missed his meeting with his sharing group. At the end of the day, he sent me an SMS saying goodbye. He said that maybe the destiny did not want us to say goodbye to each other. I responded his message saying goodbye and agreeing with him that perhaps the destiny did not want us to say goodbye. I had no intention to miss that meeting. However, things came this way and I missed it.
* Thank you my dearest Lord. I liked the conversation my brother and I had on our way back to Madrid.

Wed 20081008
* Jxxx Lxxx asked me to discuss with him as part of my spiritual direction, where should I locate my work in the context of my whole life. My life is my work, he said. I think he is right. He advised me kindly not to let my work affect negatively my personal life.
* My dearest Lord. May I ask you something? What should I do at work? I feel I haven't quite found my place and I spent most of my time there. Can you help me to find my place? Getting frustrated quite often. Feeling I cannot progress at the pace I would like. Having no time to do research. I cannot continue doing my research work outside working hours. I'm thinking to take a week off to study and get into new things.

Thu 20081009
* My dearest Lord, today I address my prayer to myself (this is not very common). May I find my place at work. Teach me how to deal with my work so that it does not affect my personal life. Let me find an appropriate place in my life for my work. Jxxx Lxxx said the other day that my life was my work. This week I cannot avoid feeling sometimes devastated, without an exit. This is not a rational feeling. There is something wrong in me. Help me figure out what it is. Heal me.

Wisdom 7, 7-11
I prayed, and understanding was given to me;
I entreated, and the spirit of Wisdom came to me.
I esteem her more than sceptres and thrones;
compared with her, I held riches as nothing.
I reckoned no priceless stone to be her peer,
for compared with her, all gold is a pinch of sand,
I loved her more than health or beauty,
preferred her to the light,
since her radiance never sleeps.
In her company all good things came to me,
at her hands riches not to be numbered.

Psalm 89
Make us know the shortness of our life
that we may gain wisdom of heart

Haznos conocer la brevedad de nuestra vida
para que alcancemos sabiduría de corazón.

* My dearest Lord, send Your spirit of Wisdom to me. Maybe I'm too concentrated on myself. I realize no priceless stone to be comparable to Your Wisdom. I love her more than health of beauty. Send the radiance of Your Wisdom to me, that I may see my own place in life. May I know the shortness of my life, that I may gain wisdom of heart.

Mon 20081013
* Last Thursday my mother broke her waist. We took her to the hospital and was operated on Friday afternoon. A few hours after the operation she was already moving her leg. Thank you, my dearest Lord, for everything followed such a smooth path. She is very well recovering.
* Now things are recovering the right context, especially my work. Last week I was having a hard time at work. When mum broke her waist, my work was relegated to a second tier and that was good.
* About taking some flowers to mum on Friday, sleeping with dad, eating with him so that he is not alone. Visiting and continuing correcting my paper. Doing everything at a time but still, doing the right thing. Postponing my wishes and needs to address the necessities of the others.
* Enjoying the conversation with Mxxx yesterday. Wishing to spend time with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home