Saturday, September 01, 2007

Spiritual Sharing May 2007


Mon 20070507
* Thank you for the wonderful walk on Saturday. It was a sunny fresh day. Walking around the West Park in Madrid. Visiting Axxx to bring him the keys for the meeting in the evening.
* Visiting the paintings of San Antonio de la Florida nearby where Axxx lives. I was very impressed. They are very beautiful and have been restored lately.
* My prayer for Jxxx Mxxx. He was ordained priest last Saturday. About how happy he was. I was pleased to be invited and to be there. About the little present I gave him. A symbolic lantern meaning his being light in this new stage. About the little note I left him wishing him all the best. Thank you for his simplicity, for being so close and down-to-earth. The people from his parish have prepared a big banner to let him know they were at the celebration (there were 17 people who were ordained). Seeing again Fxxx and Sxxx, Rxxx and Pxxx. All the people I met in Taizé last summer.
* Thank you for my family. Thank you for finding time to play the piano. I finished the prelude of the Well-Tempered Clavier. I enjoy this music so much. Let me continue playing in the future.
* Thank you for the birthday party of Exxx. I enjoyed being there.
* About the little aperitive at home with Sxxx, Exxx and Cxxx. For the beautiful plant Cxxx brought me for my birthday (some time after).
* My dearest Lord, there are things that I should have done. However, I had a good time this weekend. Let me take a rest. I need it. Thank You my dearest Lord for this weekend. I slept well, I had my rest.

Tue 20070508
* Psalm 127:

Unless the Lord builds the house,
in vain do its builders labor.
Unless the Lord guards the city,
in vain does the guard stay awake.

It is in vain that you rise early
and stay up late, putting off your rest,
toiling for your hard-earned bread;
God gives it to his loved ones, and they sleep.

* Let me build the house and guard the city of my Lord. A house of vulnerability and a city out of lack of self confidence. Let me accept it. I need to recover my life. Thank you, my dearest Lord, for yesterday I had a better day at work. I could sleep well. My work starts slowly to progress.
* Thank you for the candidates for the elections in the jesuit group. They were all great. Thank you for their availability.
* My prayer for Cxxx. May the strength and peace of the Holy Spirit be with her.

Wed 20070516
* My prayer for my aunt. She's living with my grandmother and getting close to the limit. She cannot stand the situation much more. My grandmother is very old and does not realize of many things. I have to call her more often, especially when my parents are out of Madrid.
* There are thoughts which worry my mind and my soul which should not worry me. Secondary things, usually in connection with work which are not really important. Let only the important things worry my mind.
* Let me recover my self-confidence.

Thu 20070517
* Jn 3,8: "El viento sopla donde quiere y oyes su voz pero no sabes de dónde viene ni a dónde va; así es todo el que nace del Espíritu".
* When one wants to have everything under control, one gets easily stressed. When one trusts others, one lives without knowing whether things will go on, the lack of confidence that things will turn out the way we want.
* Let me trust You, let me trust others, so that I don't have everything under control. I will live under less stress, but things will not necessarily be the way I want. Maybe they will be more the way You want.
* About the first mass of Jxxx Mxxx. It was good to go. Nice people, good messages: we are not called to be saved on our own but with others.
* My dearest Lord is like the wind. I hear his voice but I don't know from where he blows and where he blows to. That's the way my dearest Lord wants me to live. Let me listen, though I may not understand where my current situtation is leading me to. Let me trust.

Fri 20070518
* John 14, 23-29:
If anyone loves me, he will keep my word,
and my Father will love him,
and we shall come to him
and make our home with him.
Those who do not love me do not keep my words.
And my word is not my own:
it is the work of the one who sent me.

Tue 20070522
* Fedor Dostoievski:
Ser Héroe durante un momento, durante una hora, es mucho más fácil que llevar a cabo el heroísmo la vida de todos los días. Aceptar la vida como es, gris y monótona, llevar a cabo esta actividad por la que nadie te va a alabar, ese heroísmo que nadie advierte, que no llama la atención. Quien soporta el desafío incoloro de la vida y persevera, !ese sí que es un héroe!

Be a hero during a moment, for an hour, is a lot easier than being a hero in every day life. Accepting life the way it is, grey and monotonous, do those tasks


Wed 20070523
* Thank you for showing me your path of true happiness. Going first through the passion to move into the resurrection. This is the dark night, the moments of difficulty. Let me trust, for this is almost the only thing I can do. Let me trust that doing my best is enough. Let me open myself to Your Providence.
* Thank You, my dearest Lord, thank You. Thank You very much. Thank You SO MUCH, for You chose this very way of giving You (death on a cross), to teach me how to love.
* Lord Jesus Christ, did I know, how I would break my heart with grief for you. Of all the people in the world, you should have suffered least. I am ashamed of what we did to you while you broke your heart with grief for me.
* In this week, we are likely to find no place to rest except Jesus Himself.
* Dolor, sentimiento y confusión, porque por mis pecados, va el Señor a la Pasión.
* Se despojó de su rango y se convirtió en uno de tantos.
* My Lord, did I know that I would break my heart with grief for you?
* Don't allow me to say "though all will fall, I will never fall". Just let me be with you.
* My soul is full of sorrow even to death. Remain here and stay awake with me.
* "Not what I want, but what you want".
* He was despised and rejected, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. A man whom people hide their face.
* Yet ours were the sorrows he bore, ours were the sufferings he endured.
* He was harshly treated, but unresisting and silent, he humbly submitted ... He did not open his mouth.
* He was cut off from the land of the living. They made his tomb with the wicked.
* He had done no violence nor spoken in deceit.

Thu 20070524
* John 17,20-26:
"Jesus raised his eyes to heaven and said:
Holy Father, I pray not only for these,
for those who through their words will believe in me.
May they all be one.
Father, may they be one in us,
so that the world may believe it was you who sent me.
I have given them the glory you gave to me,
that they may be one as we are one.
With me in them and you in me,
may they be so completely one
that the world will realise that it was you who sent me
and that I have loved them as much as you loved me.
Father, I want those you have given me
to be with me where I am,
so that they may always see the glory
you have given me because you loved me
before the foundation of the world.
Father, Righteous One,
the world has not known you,
but I have known you,
and these have known
that you have sent me.
I have made your name known to them
and will continue to make it known,
so that the love with which you loved me
may be in them, and so that I may be in them".

* My dearest Lord, thank you for you want those who were given to you, to be with you where you are. Thank you for you want me to be with you.
* Thank you, my dearest Lord, for you want me to see the glory the Father gave you, because He loved You before the foundation of the world.
* Thank you, my dearest Lord, for you showed me who had sent you, so that the love with which He loved You may be in me and You with me.

Mon 20070528
* About the first communions in my jesuit community this past Sunday. I was in the choir. We didn't prepare a song for the Gloria, but the priest invited everyone to sing the Gloria. One of the guitar players started to play a Gloria spontaneously. Everyone joined. There was something very special for me about this song. That was the song I chose to wrap the message of the only sermon I dared ask permission to give at my old parish. I haven't sung it for years. However it came back so powerful to my singing. Maybe I was singing out of tune; I closed my eyes and left my singing flow. There was a woman singing next to me. After praying the Our Father with our hands joined, she kissed softly my hand.
* About the prayer I prepared for the CRISMHOM meeting for Saturday evening. About this reading from John 17,20-26 that I had been reading last Thursday. There was something again very special about reading it again, now thinking about the people it was addressed to (CRISMHOM). I had planned to work on Saturday morning but I spent most of my time preparing this prayer. We were very few at the meeting. Lack of confidence and strength spreaded around the atmosphere. I hope the prayer contributed to smooth out this atmosphere.
* About the couple of paragraphs I read during the prayer from the little document I prepared for the encounter of gay christians from that inspired meeting (at least for me) being again very few. About the great moments of faith and those "anonymous christians" from Karl Runner. They moved my heart.

Wed 20070530
* During the dark night, the moments of dificulty, we are likely to find no place to rest except Jesus Himself.
* I think that I should recover my life. Leave apart the paper I was writing and start to play the piano, read or do something else.

Thu 20070531
Holy Spirit, Lord of Light,
From the clear celestial height
Thy pure beaming readiance give.
Come thou Father of the poor,
Come with treasures which endure;
Come, thou light of all that live!
Thou, of all consolers best,
Thou, the soul's delightful guest,
Dost refreshing peace bestow;
Thou in toil art comfort sweet;
Pleasant coolness in the heat;
Solace in the midst of woe.
Light immortal, light divine,
Visit thou these hearts of thine,
And our inmost being fill:
If thou take thy grace away,
Nothing pure in man will stay;
All his good is turned to ill.

Heal our wounds, our strength renew;
On our dryness pour thy dew;
Wash the stains of guilt away:
Bend the stubborn heart and will;
Melt the frozen, warm the chill;
Guide the steps that go astray.
Thou, on us who evermore
Thee confess and thee adore,
With thy sevenfold gifts descend:
Give us comfort when we die;
Give us life with thee on high;
Give us joys that never end.
Amen.

* He abandoned his divine condition and became a simple one out of many. He was despised and rejected. Rejected of men. A man of sorrows and acquanted with grief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home