Saturday, September 01, 2007

Spiritual Sharing February 2007




Fri 20070202
* About going to see my grandmother yesterday evening. I found her quite well, though loosing a little her head. Unable to remember much, but happy though.
* Being released from my work. I have managed to get rid of most of the things that were pressuring me since long ago. Thank you for the help from Exxx.
* The Saint Spirit transforms us in his sons similar to the Son and allows us to live with the same feelings of Christ Jesus (Philipeans 2, 5). Let the Holy Spirit invade me so that my feelings start to be Your feelings.
* A friend of mine collects crystal owls. On the day of Wise Men (the Epiphany) my aunt gave us a Wise Men cake. This cake has a surprise inside. It is usually a little figure. This time it was a little crystal owl. I thought of this friend of mine. I wrote in a little piece of paper a message saying that I had received an owl as the surprise of a Kings cake and wanted to be another surprise for her. I put this message into an envelope and sent it with the crystal owl.
* Getting back from my work in the bus. Exxx talked to me about feeling excluded from the rest of the people in the group. I guess that I feel also excluded. We don't work together. We just want to be more than the other, competing for power for doing the interesting job. I don't feel very well. I approach my limit.


Mon 20070206

* About the talk Jxxx gave yesterday about the contemplation. I thought about Exxx. Contemplating is trying to look with the eyes of my Lord, always expecting the best out of the people and situations around us. Always looking for the best out of others rather than the worst.

* Psalm 1, 1-4; 39, 5:
"Happy is the man who has placed his trust in the Lord

Happy indeed is the man
who follows not the councel of the wicked;
nor lingers in the way of sinners
nor sits in the company of scorners,
but whose delight is the law of the Lord
and who ponders his law day and night.

He is like a tree that is planted
beside the flowing waters,
that yields its fruit in due season
and whose leaves shall never fade;
and all that he does shall prosper.

Not so are the wicked, not so!
For they like winnowed chaff
shall be driven away by the wind,
For the Lord guards the way of the just
but the way of the wicked leads to doom".

* Let me always look mainly at the best of others and not pay so much attention at the worst. Let me be surprised by people, by their good reactions rather than the bad reactions I'm sometimes expecting.

Tue 20070208
* Let me never allow myself to be sad. Let me accept my limits and try to solve them. Let me assign responsabilities to those who have them and to myself if it does apply to me.
* About visiting my grandmother and my aunt yesterday. Having dinner with them after the visit. I found my grandmother fine. They thanked me very much my visit.

Mon 20070212
* Last Thursday I went to a concert with my aunt. I told my parents that I was going to have dinner with them after the concert. My aunt and I found a friend in the entrance of the concert hall and we all sat together. My aunt left early to take care of my grandmother. I came back home with this friend. When arriving home I received a call from my parents and realized that I had forgotten to call them not to go for dinner.
* Let me not forget these things. I have the impression that my parents are constantly inviting me because they are somehow concerned about me. My mother asked me not to forget. I thought of telling her not to invite me for that was the only way not to forget. Fortunately, I didn't say that. I guess that thinking to refuse the invitation not to forget is one reason why my parents are concerned. They don't deserve such an answer.
* Thank you for the weekend. I had a good time. I pray for Rxxx and his boyfriend. I went to their farewell party before their marriage. Everything was very original, sometimes hard to conceive. Rxxx and his boyfriend belong to a theater group.
* I was very happy to reencounter the people from our old parish. We don't see very often but we are very happy to see each other.

Wed 20070214
* Samuel 26, 2; 7-9:

"So in the dark David and Abishai made their way towards the force, where they found Saul asleep inside the camp, his spear stuck in the ground beside his head, with Abner and the troops lying round him.

Then Abishai said to David: 'today God has put your enemy in your power; so now let me pin him to the ground with his own spear. Just one stroke! Iwill not need to strike him twice'. David answered Abishai, 'Do not kill him, for who can lift his hand against the Lord's anointed and be without guilt?'. David took the spear and the pitcher of water from beside Saul's head, and they made off. No one saw, no one knew, no one woke up; they were all asleep, for a deep sleep from the Lord had fallen on them.

David crossed to the other side and halted on the top of the mountain a long way off; there was a wide space between them. David then called out, 'Here is the king's spear. Let one of the soldiers come across and take it. The Lord repays everyone for his uprightness and loyalty. Today the Lord put you in my power, but I would not raise my hand against the Lord's anointed".

* Let me not hurt the people I don't like, my dearest Lord, even if I have the opportunity to do it. For
they are your annointed. Let me identify how You let them be in my hands. Let me not hurt them (even if they "deserve" it).

Tue 20070220
* About the passion. Feeling that people around me at work who have spontaneusly talked to me, or approached me in the past, tend not to do it any more. Lack of communication, I don't talk about this, people don't talk about this. Silence, talking about something else. Maybe it is not explicit, but I can feel the difference. Maybe it is just about the way I see all this situation.
* What can I do?. My dearest Lord, tell me what to do. Teach me your way to approach this.
* Luke 6,27-38:
"Jesus said to his disciples: 'But I say to you who are listening: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who treat you badly. To the man who slaps you on one cheek, present the other cheek too; to the man who takes your cloak from you, do not refuse your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and do not ask for your property back from the man who robs you. Treat others as you would like them to treat you".

Fri 20070223
* I gave Exxx the readings of last Sunday mass and the talk by Jxxx. I guess that I will not be very well understood. The readings about love to the enemies. The talk about contemplation within action.
* Luke 6,27-38:
Jesus said to his disciples: But I say this to you who are listening: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who treat you badly. To the man who slaps you onone cheek, present the other cheek too; to the man who takes your cloak from you, donot refuse your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and do not ask for your property back from the man who robs you.

Be compassionate as your Father is compassionate. Do not judge and you will not be judged yourselves; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned yourselves; grant pardon, and you will be pardoned. Give, and there will be gifts for you; a full measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over,will be poured into yur lap; because the amount you measure out is the amount you will be given back".
* I guess that this reading tresspasses the limit of human kindness. Who can we do this?. Let my dearest Lord tell me how. This is the mystery of my dearest Lord's love, the very one for which He gave his life to me.

Mon 20070226
* Working weekend but getting things progressively done. My grandmother is better. She is recovering. Everyone enjoyed the presence of my niece on Sunday. Happy about the visit of Nxxx, the priest who led my spiritual exercises in every day life a few years ago in New York. Visiting the Ignacian places in Spain. About him telling me of his emotions coming up when arriving at Xavier's castle. When he was a boy, he studied at Xavier high school. After becoming a priest, he became the headmaster. Some years later, he was the pastor of Saint Francis Xavier parish. I can understand his emotions when arriving at Xavier's castle.* About celebrating my birthday inviting my family to eat at home. Preparing the metting at CXXX the same day. Busy week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home